Monday 16 September 2013

Worcester Weekend

I had a super weekend in Worcester. I'll be dining out (oh, I'm sooo clever) on the food pictures over at my other blog for Vegan MoFo for a few posts, but I took a couple of other shots of nice places, so here they are! 

I was very taken with this bit of waste ground - I'm sure the profusion of various wildflowers wasn't natural, I'm guessing someone broadcast a load of seeds over the land, but that doesn't detract from how pretty they were to walk through. It's something I wish more places would do. 





There seem to be some very attractive buildings in Worcester. It doesn't hurt that we managed to catch some sunlight on Saturday.

Not pictured, but awesome: a shop space run by Healthy Planet that was giving away free books! You can find out where your nearest one of these is on that page, there's a map. I got some great cook books, including one for making sweets from the 70s that's really reminiscent of one my mum used to own (or maybe still does?).

We stayed in a Travelodge, which was adequate, if a bit on the sparse side. One of the friends we had gone to meet up with heroically offered to take any room-service biscuits off my hands, but I had to inform her that actually none had been provided, the only complimentary things were a few packets of instant coffee, tea and sugar, and in the bathroom one solitary, utilitarian-looking miniature bar of soap. Fortunately I had made and brought along flapjacks, and was able to make real coffee with a bag of Machu Picchu and a tea strainer, and B had a bottle of Original Source shower gel, so we left the dinky soap intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment